Friday, September 25, 2009

Understanding God's Promise in the Midst of Sorrow

At our wedding shower, our friend Donna Retchless, remembers having a vision of us surrounded by lots of children .... 

One Sunday night in 2002, I left everyone home and  I went back to visit the Vancouver Vineyard during a worship night.  I went up for prayer and my friend Nola Smith, waited on the Lord.  Then she prayed over me and said, "God is saying, I won't give you one less or one more schilling than you need."  I immediately gasped!  She said, "What?  What does it mean?  Money?"  I said, "No!  Our last name is Schilling.  It means I am going to have more kids!"

Little did she know, 2 weeks later I found out that I was pregnant and had been that night!  With a 9 month old baby, a 2 year old and a 4 year old, this was overwhelming news!   I was stressed to say the least, but soon embraced this new little one.  During this time, I had another dream.  I dreamt I was holding both a little boy and a little girl.  They had dark skin and dark hair.  We immediately thought I was having twins!  We bought a used van to be able to hold us all, and got ready.

When I went in for my 10 week visit, the doctor was unable to detect a heart beat, but told me this was normal sometimes.  Not to worry.  But by the next week I new I was miscarrying.  We lost our baby on Christmas Eve night, 2002.  The next day, we buried it in a little wooden box under our forest of fir trees.  Just then the snow began to fall.  It felt like God's love all around me.  The song came to mind "Mercy is falling, is falling all over me ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment