Friday, September 25, 2009

God's Plans

One day after church, friends of ours were praying for me.  While I waited and listened for God's voice, I heard God say, "You are going to have a son."  This was funny to me, cause Charlie and I weren't even married yet.

Charlie and I both wanted to have kids.  He wanted a dozen.  At that time, I thought I only wanted 2.  We married in our 30's, so we got busy!  It took 8 months to get pregnant the first time.   Our church was in the middle of a 40 day fast.  Every day I prayed to have a baby.  At the end of that fast, I was pregnant.  My first pregancy ended after 11 days.  It was very heartbreaking.   But by God's mercy, by the next month I was pregnant again.

During that time, I was having the most bizarre, vivid dreams.  One time I dreamed that I had a dark haired little girl.  When Bethanie Grace was born, that's exactly what she was!

Later, we tried for 7 months to get pregnant again.  During that time, I had another dream, that I had a blonde baby boy!  I have dark hair and so does my husband, so I thought that was a funny dream.  When Benjamin David was born, he had blonde hair!

I was busy and up to my eyeballs in diapers.  I had my 2 kids and I was so happy!  But for about a year, I really felt the Lord hounding me.  "Would you consider having one more child?"  Over and over, I felt the Lord asking me this, "Just one more?"  We moved out to the country and started going to a new church.  I'm not kidding you, every family had like 5-11 children!  I was surrounded! 

Finally, I remember saying, "Yes Lord!  I'll have one more child."  BOOM, the very next month I was pregnant.  And yes, you guessed it.  I had a dream that I had another dark haired baby girl.  And when Anna Faith was born that's exacly what she was!

I thought I had my mind made up, but God had His plan.  Anna is such a blessing to our family, she is my most spiritual child.  When she was younger, she had dreams about Jesus coming into her room at night.  She lead the other children in deciding to get baptized at church when she was only 5. 

God know the plans He has for us.  Plans to prosper and not harm us.  Plans to give us a hope and a future.  All we need to do is surrender and follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment