Friday, September 25, 2009

A Very Special Present

Charlie and I were both Christians attending the same church, Vineyard Christian Fellowship of Vancouver, Washington.   I was the leader of a Worship Dance Team.   Charlie started coming to our church.  At first he kinda scared me... he was so quiet and I .... am NOT.  Dec 12th, 1995 was my birthday and our church was hosting a Vineyard Worship Conference.  Our dance team was there, dancing.  A friend came up to me and said, "The Lord has a present for you today..."   I said, "Great!  It's my birthday!"  She said, "It's a very special present."

Later that night we split off into groups to practice praying for one another.  We were in a large group of our friends.  Then the speaker, Wes Campbell said, split off into smaller groups.  That left Charlie, me and my friend Lori Stock.  As we were praying for Charlie, I felt this HUGE wave of love sweep over me.  I felt like I was drunk!  I had learned that when you feel things like that when praying, it is usually for the person you are praying for.  So I said, "Wow... the Lord REALLY loves you!"  Charlie told me later that he was so overcome, because he was praying about me.

A few days later Charlie invited me out to lunch.  And a month later we were engaged to be married!  God definately gave me a very special present that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment