Sunday, July 15, 2012

THIS IS NOT A GUILT TRIP .... I may regret posting this out there soon after I hit enter, about making myself vunerable before the world. I might even delete it later. But I am feeling kind of weary here, please lift me up in prayer .... We started this ministry (Rivers of Living Water ~ Helping Orphans and Widows in Need) with the annointing of the Lord. It was His idea, not ours. People have
come out of the woodwork and thanked ME for the honor of allowing them to sponsor a child, to make a difference (even in the midst of the economic crisis). But every quarter when the next donation is due ... ugh. God help me. I hate this part of my job: collecting the donations. One by one, some have had to stop. It happens, no shame, no condemnation ... financial hardships here and there, but then there are those who say they will sponsor then never follow thru ... another unfriended me, then just quit supporting her child. How very sad. She is not rejecting me, but she has rejected her child. But the thing is ... we have already started supporting them. They have tasted the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. There is NO WAY I am going to start cancelling kids from this program!! If anything, there are HUNDREDS more that need a sponsor. But my family cannot support them all. We need help. We need more of Jesus. We need the body of Christ ... This is not a guilt trip. This is me asking for you to PRAY for these children, for this Orphan Ministry, for me who carry these kids in my heart. We may not be the most popular, the coolest, or have the latest T-shirt and merchandise in our store. But WE LOVE OUR KIDS. They have no hope. WE ARE THEIR HOPE. Right now we have over 100 kids waiting in the wings who need a first time sponsor. But I can't add them because, we have 4-5 existing kids who need NEW sponsors and the enemy is taking them out one by one. Please pray with me that the Lord would once again find sponsors for these kids, so they can continue to receive a chance at a new life. Pray for our ministry that the Lord would add finances, an over abundance so that we can continue to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Pray that the Lord would lift this burden off of me, that HE WOULD FIGHT for them. Thank you so much. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment