Sunday, February 5, 2012

Send Me . . .

We went to church this morning, and I was so unsettled ... so distracted.  I kept thinking about all the funds I still needed to collect from people who were not there.  Couldn’t find a comfortable place to find God.  Everywhere I was, someone was either singing too loud, or bumping me, or passing me back and forth in the aisle ... I was agitated.  Then I moved to the back wall, and then people were talking getting ready for communion, then I went to another side where they have put up these huge burlap maps of the continents ... and I was drawn to Africa ... I stood there and cried hot tears ... crying out to the Lord to send us to Ethiopia.  Trying to find Him ... I know He is everywhere but for me, He is still waiting in Ethiopia for us.  I wanted to take down the map and wrap it around me like a blanket ...  to cover myself, to immerse myself in Africa.  This is something I never would have guessed ... that I will not be content until I am there.  Oh Lord ... here I am .. send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment