Saturday, June 23, 2012

Leave Your Country . . .

“The Lord had said to Abram,‘Leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.’ So Abram left, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Haran.”

"Notice Abram’s response to God’s revelation. Abram simply left and did what the Lord revealed to him. A good question to consider is,“If God revealed a new thing to us in relationship to what He wants to accomplish in and through us, how long would it take us to get in a position to respond?” Spiritual preparedness is about positioning ourselves or assuming a posture that frees us to respond to God’s activity around us."

No comments:

Post a Comment